A method of cooking meat that is widespread in southern Argentina and Chile. The meat is first roasted and then stewed in a bed of vegetables and white wine. For cooking a special round-shaped pan is used, the closest relative of which in our country is sage. But you can also use an ordinary frying pan instead.
Category: Hot Meat dishes Pork dishes
- Meat (In this case I used pork, more specifically pork loin. According to the classics you need beef, but here the point is to cook the meat that is easier to get good quality. In our country it is pork, but in Latin America it is beef) – 2 kg
- Onions – 3 pcs
- Bulgarian pepper – 3 pcs.
- Garlic – 5 cloves.
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Tomato (Optional ingredient, not used in this recipe, but can be done with it. To be added at the stage of forming a pillow for the meat) – 2 units
- White dry wine – 500 ml
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Number of servings: 7
Nutritional and energy values:
Ready meal – kcal
4724.9 kcal protein
16.8 g fats
1.1 g carbohydrates
675 kcal proteins
2.4 g fats
0.2 g carbohydrates
100 g dish
139.8 kcal proteins
0.5 g fats
0 g carbohydrates
Recipe for “Asado el disco meat”
To prepare Asado el disco, the following steps must be followed.
1. Prepare the ingredients: cut the meat into portions of 250-300 grams, finely chop the onion, garlic, and bell peppers.
2. Heat up the saj, pour the vegetable oil into it.
Fry the meat in the oil until brown. Take the meat out of the salad.
4. Prepare a bed of vegetables. In the remaining oil fry the onion, and when it browns, add the bell peppers. If using tomatoes, put them in too.
5. When the bell peppers are cooked until soft, place the meat back on the sage. Place it on top of a bed of vegetables.
6. Pour dry white wine over the sage so that it is just below the middle of the meat.
7. Cook the meat in the resulting sauce for 20 to 30 minutes, until the liquid level in the sage has dropped to about half of its original level.
8. Flip the meat over, and cook until a fork can fit freely into it.
9. Remove the meat from the sage and serve with the boiled potatoes.