- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 2 Tbsp. flour;
- 1 egg;
- 150-200 grams of bread crumbs;
- salt, pepper to taste.
- Peel potato tubers, wash and boil until tender. Drain all the water, potatoes in a bowl.
- Carefully pound with a pusher for not more than a minute. The purpose of these actions is just to slightly knead the potatoes so that there are no large pieces. And here is the first secret of balls – the potatoes should not turn into a smooth puree, otherwise, it will be difficult to form balls. And if they do, they will not hold their shape well and it will be hard to work with them further. Therefore, a convenient and familiar blender or mixer is put aside and take a regular mashed potato masher or fork.
- We pour 2 tablespoons of flour, salt, and pepper it, beat an egg. Now quickly mix everything with a fork until homogeneous.
- On a kitchen, board pour a part of breadcrumbs and flatten. Ready coarse mashed potatoes we take with a wet (moistened with cold water) spoon and roll balls with wet hands. Spread in breadcrumbs. Pile.
- Cover a large flat plate or board with cling film and put the crumbled potato balls. We place them in the freezer for at least 3 hours, so that they can harden well. And this is the second cooking secret – before throwing the balls in the boiling oil they should be frozen. Then they will be nice and springy.
- When the balls are well hardened, you can continue cooking. Pour the oil into a cauldron or deep fryer so that the balls are completely immersed in it. We put on medium heat and heat the oil well.
- On a large flat plate, we lay out a paper towel.
- Fry the frozen potato balls in batches of 5-7.
- Transfer balls to boiling oil and fry for 1 minute. Be careful with the boiling oil, don’t make it too hot.
- Gently remove the cooked potato balls and let the oil drain a little, holding them flat over the cauldron. Then transfer to a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
Crispy potato balls are cooked! Remove the paper towel. Serve the potato balls hot with the sauce you made beforehand. Bon appetit!