Depending on each person’s taste preferences, French toast is made salty (in which case it is the main dish) or sweet (used as a dessert).
To make toast according to the traditional recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Eggs – 2 pieces;
- Baguette – several slices;
- Cream (10% will do) – 150 ml;
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon;
- Butter – a small piece for frying;
- Salt – 1 pinch.
This process begins by beating the eggs in a bowl, adding cream, salt, sugar, and mixing everything well.
- Finish beating when the sugar has completely dissolved;
- Put a frying pan on the fire, heat it and melt the butter;
- Cut the baguette into slices no more than 1 cm thick;
- Dip the bread in the milk mixture on all sides, let it soak in this liquid. This will make the flesh after frying very tender and soft;
- Roast until golden crust on low heat, allowing the bread to cook through. Otherwise, the top will burn and everything inside will remain raw.