- Beef 1 kg. (thigh part)
- Onions 2 pcs.
- Carrot 1 pc.
- Butter 100 gr.
- Meat broth or water 1 cup
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Salt, sugar 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice
- Spices to taste
1. Prepare the meat beforehand. Wash it under running water and dry with paper towel.
Cut it into small slices like on the photo.
2. Gradually moving on to vegetables. Start by cutting the large heads of onion into four pieces. You can chop a little if desired.
3. divide the carrots in half and cut into different shapes. One part is chopped into squares, the other is cut into rings. This is done only for beauty and of course you can do everything in the same way.
We will braise the meat in butter. The ideal proportion will be to use one hundred grams of butter for one kilogram of meat. We send it in a cauldron or in a saucepan for melting.
5. Here, on top, we put half of the sliced onions.
6. Next we send the carrots that we diced. All stirred and leave to simmer on low heat.
7. When the most responsible part of cooking has come up, we need to try to distribute the beef over the whole surface. And we properly compress it so that everything fits in one layer.
8. On top of the meat we lay the rest of the carrots and onions. And now you have to fill all the contents of the pot with either boiling water or water, depending on what you have. After we wait until everything comes to the boil and cover and leave to simmer for 40-50 minutes on very low heat.
9. While there was some free time you can chop garlic with a knife or press through a garlic clipper.
10. Finally, after the allotted time we can open our dish, add the garlic, seasonings (choose the one that will suit your taste), paprika, salt, sugar, and the juice of the lemon divided in half.
Now stir everything well and stew for about an hour on medium heat. Half an hour before it is ready, you can sprinkle the meat with dried dill and parsley. And at the same time, taste the broth, add missing seasonings if necessary. Our dish will be even more flavorful if we sprinkle fresh dill and parsley greens at the end of cooking.
After turning off the ready stew you need to let the meat stay on for at least 5-10 minutes. After that you can call guests or family members to taste it. The meat of such cooking turns out very soft, it just melts in the mouth. The sauce complements it by taking on a sour-sweet flavor. That in full measure will enrich and give your additional side dish an extremely flavorful and exquisite taste. I wish you a pleasant appetite and a hearty dinner!