Pineapple 1 piece
- Vegetable oil ¼ cup
- Chicken 2 pieces
- Thai hot poultry pepper 4 units
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Fish sauce ⅓ cup
- Shiitake mushrooms 230 g
- 2 tomatoes
- A pinch of black pepper
- Basil ⅓ bunch
- Fresh mint ⅓ bunch
- Bean sprouts 1 cup
- Oregano 2 stalks
- Salt ½ teaspoon
Soup with chicken and pineapple
- Cut the skin off the pineapple, cut lengthwise into four pieces, and remove the core. Roughly chop the core and put it in a blender. Stir in 500 ml of water and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve and add another liter of water.
- Cut the flesh into 1.5 cm thick slices and put them in a bowl. Finely slice the shiitake caps. Chop the tomatoes.
- Skinless and boneless chicken should be wrapped in clingfilm and beaten with a mallet, cut into 1 cm thick strips, put in a bowl, and leave covered with a lid or clingfilm.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Toss in finely chopped chilies along with the seeds and two crushed garlic cloves and stew, stirring, for thirty seconds. Add 1/4 cup fish sauce, bring to a boil and boil down to double. Pour in pineapple juice and bring to a boil. Toss in pineapple, shiitake, tomatoes, and bean sprouts, add black pepper and bring to a boil. Cook under the lid, stirring, for ten minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet, toss in the chopped garlic and simmer for about thirty seconds. Add 2 remaining spoonfuls of fish sauce and boil it down to half. Add the chicken, pepper, stir, and simmer until cooked through, four minutes. Arrange the meat on plates and pour the pineapple soup over it.