Do you love Chinese food? If you do, then you definitely need to try making a beef with broccoli dish at home. It is surprisingly easy to make and tastes delicious! In this user’s guide, we will walk you through the steps of making this dish. We will also provide some tips on how to make it even better. So, whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, this guide is for you!
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love? Try this delicious beef with broccoli recipe! This dish is simple to make and can be tailored to fit your taste preferences. Follow our step-by-step guide to create a mouthwatering meal in no time. Enjoy!
What you need?
- A pound of flank steak, sliced against the grain into thin strips
- One head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- One tablespoon soy sauce.
“Beef with Broccoli” is a classic dish that’s easy to make and always a hit with guests.
Step-by-step guide to making a beef with broccoli
- One pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- Half cup soy sauce
- One tablespoon vegetable oil
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- One teaspoon sugar
- One teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in two tablespoons water
- Four cups broccoli florets.
- One pound of flank steak, sliced against the grain into thin strips
- One head of broccoli, cut into florets
- Two tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- Half a cup of soy sauce
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- One teaspoon of sugar
- One teaspoon of cornstarch
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Start by heating a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned, about three minutes per side. Transfer the beef to a plate and set aside.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the broccoli florets to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about five minutes.
Return the beef to the skillet and add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about three minutes. Serve immediately.
Tips and tricks to make your kebobs perfect every time
- Choose a good cut of beef. The best cuts for kebobs are those that are relatively tender, like top sirloin or flank steak.
- Cut the beef into cubes that are roughly the same size so they cook evenly. You don’t want some pieces to be overcooked while others are still undercooked.
- Marinate the beef cubes in your favorite marinade before skewering them. This will add flavor and help keep the meat moist as it cooks.
- Thread the beef onto skewers that are made of metal or bamboo. If you’re using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using them so they don’t catch on fire.
- Preheat your grill or broiler to medium-high heat before skewering the beef cubes.
- Cook the kebobs for about six minutes per side, or until the meat is cooked through. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Serving and Eating
After cooking, let the beef with broccoli cool for a few minutes so you can enjoy it easier. Be sure to have plates, silverware and napkins ready before eating. Beef with broccoli is typically eaten with rice, but feel free to try it with other sides like pasta or quinoa. Enjoy!
If you loved this user’s guide on how to make a beef with broccoli, be sure to check out some of our other recipes like our delicious Honey and Sriracha Glazed Pork Loin or Sheet Pan Salmon and Veggies.
This user’s guide will show you how to cook the perfect beef with broccoli dish every single time. The process is simple and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- One pound of beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- One head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of black pepper
- One cup of chicken stock
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of honey
- One teaspoon of rice vinegar.
- For a sweeter sauce, add an extra tablespoon of honey
- For a more savory sauce, add an extra teaspoon of soy sauce
- Add in some red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
One serving of beef with broccoli contains approximately:
- Calories: 190
- Protein: 24 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbs: six grams
The nutritional information for this dish will vary depending on the ingredients and cooking methods used. Always consult a nutrition label or speak with a dietitian to get accurate information about the nutrient content of your meal.
Beef with broccoli is an excellent source of protein, as well as several other essential nutrients. This dish can be customized to fit a variety of dietary needs and preferences, making it a versatile and healthy meal option.
With its rich flavor and ample nutrition, beef with broccoli is sure to be a family favorite. Give this dish a try today!
Environmental Protection Agency
(EPA) has set standards for the allowable levels of contaminants in drinking water.
The EPA regulates public water systems and sets enforceable maximum contaminant levels (MCLs) for certain chemical, physical, and biological agents that may be present in drinking water. These MCLs are based on the best available science to protect human health.
The EPA also regulates private water systems, which include wells and springs. Private water system owners are responsible for ensuring that their water is safe to drink. If you have a private well, it is important to have it tested regularly for contaminants.
- When cooking with beef, be sure to use a cutting board and knife that are designated for protein. Cross contamination can occur if you’re not careful, and this can lead to food poisoning.
- Beef is a fairly lean cut of meat, so it doesn’t require a lot of added fat. However, if you do choose to add oil or butter, use a healthy cooking oil like olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil.
- When it comes to seasoning beef, there are endless possibilities. For this recipe, we’re going with a simple garlic and ginger marinade. But feel free to get creative!
Can I use a different type of protein?
Yes! You can use chicken, shrimp, or pork in place of the beef.
What kind of broccoli should I use?
Any type of broccoli will work in this recipe. You can use fresh or frozen broccoli florets.
Can I add other vegetables?
Yes! This recipe is very versatile and you can add any type of vegetable that you like. Some good options include onion, bell peppers, carrots, and snow peas.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes! This dish can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. You can also freeze it for up to two months. Just thaw it before reheating.
How do I store leftovers?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
What is the nutritional information for this dish?
The nutritional information will vary depending on the ingredients that you use. You can find detailed nutrition information on a variety of websites, including MyFitnessPal and CalorieKing.
Can I make this dish gluten-free?
Yes! This recipe can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free soy sauce or tamari. You can also use a gluten-free beef broth.
So there you have it, a simple guide on how to make a beef with broccoli dish. It’s easy, delicious, and perfect for any occasion. Be sure to give it a try!
And that’s all there is to it! With this simple guide, you can easily make your own beef with broccoli dish at home. It’s easy, delicious, and perfect for any occasion. Be sure to give it a try!